<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Ang Mga Pakulo Ni Pong

Sa mga nag-aakalang patuloy na makukuntento si Pong bilang isang pagong... sige lang... ipagpatuloy niyo ang pag-aakala... Sa mga nag-aakalang si Pong ay may kakayahang maging isang ulupong... sige lang... ipagpatuloy niyo rin ang pag-aakala... Sa mga nakakikilala kay Pong... isa nga ba siyang pagong o isang ulupong? Ang matitiyak niyo lamang ay ito... mahilig siya sa kangkong...

Welcome to SG (for good)

Saturday, February 21, 2009
Ok... Finally the day came for me to pack my bags and fly to SG for good (well, at least until I decide to move somewhere else, that is).


I've been dreading this day. I mean, I should be excited, but hey, if you've been through a lot of interrogations when crossing borders, you're entitled to be a little skeptical. As for my case, a little too skeptical.


In the last 3 occasions I visited SG, I've been asked whether I had a job in MY. Considering the ridiculous number of SG immigration stamps I have on my passport, I can't really blame them for checking. Back then, it was easy to be the Mr. Cool that I normally am. I'd just flash them my DHL ID and that's it, they'd let me pass. But now, I have no office ID. I have no job in MY. And to make matters worse, the HR in SG reiterated that I shouldn't inform the immigration officer of my job in SG unless it meant my life. Wow.


And so there I was, trying to leave MY. "So you finished your contract in Malaysia?" asked the local immigration officer to which I humbly replied "I resigned." And just like that, they stamped me out.


Landing in SG, Bibi went to the lady immigration first. The lady was as pleasant as anyone can get. I was hopeful that nothing would go wrong. Until it was my turn. She read my name, "Mr. Stephen Mark..." "Ocampo," I completed. She smiled. Then I called BIbi "Babe, lika" as I gave her my hat. Then, as I turned to face the immigration officer, the smile turned into this face that can't wait to see me off. What the hell?! And she stamped that I was only allowed to stay for 14 days. What?! But then she crossed it out and stamped again, this time giving me 30 days. I said thanks and she never did acknowledge it.


"Maganda siya ha. Mabait pa," Bibi said. "Suplada kaya. Nung tinawag kitang 'babe' biglang ang sungit na. Pambihira, nakita namang magkasama tayo tapos ganun? Magagalit na may tinawag akong 'babe'?" I revolted.


But it's all good. I'm in. It was the deepest sigh of relief I've had in years. Thank you Lord.


Now I need to prep for work on Monday. Wish me luck!

~
Post a Comment
<< Home

6:43 PM :: Baba (ponggoloids)