Lagarista Saturday @ SG v.20080830
I guess I should be doing some explaining... August 31 is Malaysia's National Day... Merdeka if you wish... And when holidays fall on a Sunday, the following Monday is a holiday at work... So now I have a 3-day weekend... And I don't think I'd be anywhere else except SG (unless gusto kong mapalo sa pwet, huway not?)...
I arrived around 4:30AM last Saturday, and since Bibi had to go to work, I slept till around 11AM... I met up with Jode and we were supposed to go to COMEX at Suntec but hunger got the best of us... And as Yoda said, hunger leads to hate... Hate leads to pain and suffering... And before we went any farther, we had lunch at Kenny Rogers' Roasters over at Marina Square... We skipped COMEX and went to the Giordano warehouse sale (at Paya Lebar) instead where we would meet Jojo and LJ... I got a couple of jackets, a top for Bibi, and a sweater for my Sis... Oh, and I got my eSATA ExpressCard, thanks Jo!
It was time to prep for Bibi's Batch Anniv Dinner... An affair that had me wearing something I wouldn't normally don on a weekend... So I was all dressed up and... Wenk... Bibi was wearing Plan A... As much as I wanted to say that it looked fine, I found it hard to keep mum... I mean, she had me wearing something out of the ordinary... I'm not about to let her waltz with me wearing something that felt sooooo hmmm...
So what happened was a quickie makeover... And we started the night with her wearing Plan B... Seriously, I felt guilty... The only thing that I didn't have her change were her stilettos and her bracelet... I even made a "for your future reference" comment about her necklace and I ended up not wearing one as she wore mine... It was THAT stressful for her...
Dinner went well, and I'm glad Bibi didn't stay too long in that sullen mood I put her in when we were dressing her up... Otherwise, I wouldn't have had a splendid night as well... Cheers to 1 year of friendship and what-have-you's... And yes, we did end up looking good at some photos... That's more than enough to pacify my angst for having to wear my boots from KL all the way to SG (and back)... I mean... Come on! And next time, I won't believe any of them when they say that it is a semi-formal/smart casual affair... This is a one-time deal... Photos at Bibi's page... 


