Soreness... Sureness...
Friday, June 27, 2008
It all started one fine Thursday night... I got home after the Drink Till You Drop experience I posted earlier... Everything went well... And yes, I eventually fell asleep...And then I woke up in the middle of the night to something new... Excruciatingly new... A pain I've never felt before, rendering me immobile for a couple of minutes... Even breathing was torturous... It was the first time in a long while that I got truly worried that something's wrong with me...
It was painful... A part of my left chest topographically resembling the strip of the pec that was situated in front of the subscapularis... I have no idea which muscle was acting up... But it was there... And as I clutched it tight as I could, I felt a sudden chill... It was just 3AM, and it was indeed going to be a long night...

I managed to sneak in a series of naps... Waking to the jolt of pain that my left chest just couldn't seem to stop... And as I went through Friday in the office, I found myself clasping it time and again... It wasn't as painful as the ones I had at dawn and I'm thankful enough... But I would have loved for it to stop...
I slept through Friday night as though I had a sling on my left arm... I found that it was the most convenient position I could get, allowing me to breathe... I survived the night nary a pang...
After having finished lunch, Saturday noon marked the return of my chest-shoulder pain... As I slammed my left arm against the wall in revolt to this unrelenting assault, I found no other course but to take medication... An Alaxan and an Advil... True enough, the pain was gone within 10 minutes...
Was it psychological? I have no idea... But I didn't want to take any medication for the simple reason that, if I don't feel any pain signalling any strain/damage in me, I might further mess things up... I can't lose now... Not just yet...
It has been nearly a week and I do feel like everything's back to normal... I just hope it is...


