History In The Making
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
I don't want to write for the sake of putting it on the record... Writing has been therapeutic for me, believe it or not... I've been a lot different since I started writing... And somehow I've always left the raucous part of me unpublished... A couple of tequila shots would definitely let it out but somehow, I cannot find the urge to do so in writing...And so I want to write about history... History repeats itself... Like a couple of years back when I saw a text message that left me uneasy... Fast forward to the present, I find out about a YM message that leaves me... Well, you guessed it right... No wonder I'm still up... Tossing and turning on my bed... My head's all too awake right now and yes, I am writing this at 3:30 AM...
I am an avid fan of double standards... Back when I was young and stupid, that is... Now, I've grown to understand the black, the white, and the gray areas... And like what I usually do to my friends, I can play the part of the devil's advocate... But I guess it never occurred to them that I might actually be the devil...
For the most part, I am an intelligent person... I always try to take into account all variables before solving the mysteries life throws at me... But there are times that I let myself drown in the idiocy of the situation... The same situation I was faced before and am facing now... Well, you know what they say, there's no such thing as an accident-prone area, it's the person who gets the bitter part of the accident... Same goes here, a situation can never be identified with idiocy... The messages simply came from an idiot...
I was young... I did stupid things back then... And just like that, I let a stupid text message change my life... It has served its purpose... It has passed judgment... And I have the rest of my life to ponder and suffer the consequences... To say that I have regrets is an understatement... But I wouldn't be who I am now if I hadn't been young and stupid... Sorry? Of course... But everything else is beyond repair...
Fast forward to the present and yes, I am faced with another stupid message... But somehow, I'm not quite sure how to deal with it... I could be indifferent and just let it slide... Or I can face the problem headon... Then again I could do something stupid just like old times... But the mere thought of partaking in that gibberish makes me want to put on my mask of disgust... Why do those people even exist?
So history does not repeat itself this time... No more stupid things to do nor stupid words to say... Besides, I am a little too happy to be disgruntled... A little too attached to be easily taken away...
The committed life pans out just fine... And yes, I'm here to stay...
~
Post a Comment
3:51 AM :: Baba (ponggoloids)
bigat naman bro...tulog lang yan ulit...hehe
Mga hinuha ni noong 5/23/2008 3:26 PMhmm.. lemme guess.. someone from the past? good thing history didn't repeat itself. hehe. and, no, you're not the devil. you could be, but you're not. =)
Mga hinuha ni noong 6/15/2008 8:51 PMhaha... i agree... i'm not the devil and i do need some sleep... everything's gonna be alright... :-)
Mga hinuha ni Baba (ponggoloids) noong 6/29/2008 3:18 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home
3:51 AM :: Baba (ponggoloids)




