High Jack
Monday, April 28, 2008
We needed to come to work early today, 10 AM early, 'coz we're having a team dinner with Hay Naku...At around the 11 AM mark, Amo asked me to go to his cube... He started talking... Well, this time, he was removed of his narcissistic remarks... He was in a giving mood... He praised me...
He went to this lengthy speech of how I was immersed in a lot of things, doing this and that, helping the team grow... Wow... He noticed that? Cool... I'm like a Jack of all trades, master of none though ofttimes better than master of one...
Amo: You've done development, analysis, quality... You did them well... And I don't want to keep giving you the same work over and over and you have no say like a donkey...
Ok... Did he just say donkey? Oh that's bad... At my horny moments, I'm a jackrabbit... At my hornier moments, I'm a jackhammer... But did he just allude to a jackass?!
And he rambled on... Repeatedly saying that he's not selling it but he wants me to consider doing project management... But he's not selling it ('coz that's unlike him daw)... He wants me to think, first, about which role will make me most happy... Doing project management or being a technical lead and doing quality check... Then he wants me to think of my CV... He wants me to put something glaringly impressive in my CV in the future and he wants me to pick one... Project Management or Technical Lead/Quality Assurance...
And I needed to make a choice within the next 24 hours...
*luke-warm five*


