Prague Prince - Day 47
Friday, December 21, 2007
Whew... Finally... It's been a long while since we last saw Mang Tomas... :-)We were supposed to have dinner then have a round of drinks... And Mang Tomas was telling us of Absinthe...
After 5 shots, Mang Tomas was inspired to dab the screen of his mobile phone with a little Absinthe... And set it ablaze... And he watched the flame die... Cool...
And I'm contemplating trying it on Posh... :-)
Absinthe is flavoured distilled liquor, emerald green in colour, turning to cloudy, opalescent white when mixed with water. It inspired many prominent artists, writers and poets. Just to name a few - Vincent Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Manet, Ernest Hemingway - in fact his masterpiece " For Whom The Bell Tolls " was written under the influence of "The Green Fairy". Absinthe was first produced commercially in 1797 by Henry-Louis Pernod, who purchased the formula from a French exile living in Switzerland.
And yes, I love Absinthe... I'm in great company... :-)
And it inspired me to write something nice as well...
Now that's a work of art! :-)


