The Calling
Friday, January 26, 2007
All good things must come to an end... I have to admit, when I felt my phone vibrate, I never expected it to be from them... A calling... Something I have long been waiting for... Too long that I forgot the thrill the mere thought of it brought way back since the 23rd of November last year...I was in a department meeting yesterday... Patiently waiting for it to be over and have my chicken sandwich... The phone rang... A calling... The thrill just overwhelmed me that I couldn't even stay put... I was walking back and forth... I was happy...
I had an inkling that the details would be a lot different... The voice carefully walked me through each item... A calling... The thrill subsided as sadness took a hold of me... It couldn't get any harder than this... This is for real...
Listening to the voice as I saw the people come out of the room to get their snacks, I couldn't help but be misty-eyed... A calling... And as each familiar face walked past me, as hard as I tried to mouth the words "I'll be right down", a smile didn't seem as easy to paint... I don't want to lose it...
As I tried to digest everything the voice said, I couldn't stop my mind from wandering away... This calling... It took me from a high brought by the recent events with Bibi... The holiday season, my birthday, our anniversary... It took me low... Too low that I'd be missing her for a year... Won't be going out with her for 12 months... Won't be seeing her for 365 days... I'm losing it...
The voice patiently detailed everything that needed to be clarified... Remembering the time I first told my dad about it last November... Going to my room for a while... Seeing my dad come out of the bathroom wiping his eyes... He must've thought he'd be losing me... Now, I know, I've lost it...
A calling... And it brought a huge lump to my throat...
In two weeks... I'll heed the call... Till then, the nile is a river flowing from my eyes...
~
Post a Comment
7:04 PM :: Baba (ponggoloids)
the nile is a freaking ocean. swim ;)
Mga hinuha ni noong 2/09/2007 2:34 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home
7:04 PM :: Baba (ponggoloids)



