Mali Siya - Day 2
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Alright... so Fhel said that we should be off to the meeting by 830am... Meeting is slated at 930am, we'd have to meet Ian at the lobby around 9am...Here's how the story actually begins... I heard a phone ringing... I was quite sure that it was the hotel phone... I didn't quip, after all, whoever it was who was actually calling would be nuts not to hang up after having noticed that no one's picking up... And then I found peace again... And then it rang again... And then I let it die a long, noisy death... And then peace ruled the room... And then Bamboo wailed "Crimson dawn, guns are drawn..." Now that's an alarm I recognized... And pretty much the same way I did back in Manila, I academically clicked Snooze and tucked that mobile phone under a pillow... There's no sense trying to get up, I am spent... But then I heard someone knocking at the door... Now I know that it could possibly be the one who called a while ago... So I let whoever was on the other side keep knocking... Hoping that, like the phone call, the door knocks would die down... To futility... A really persistent door knocker... So i got up and opened the door and was actually surprised to see Fhel wearing her business attire... And she was equally surprised to see me still wearing my shorts... And we were both actually surprised that it was already 8am...
After going through a quick shower and quick breakfast, we found ourselves a little too early for the meeting... Anyway, nothing noteworthy about the meeting... We decided to go back to the hotel once we were through and change into more comfy clothes for Fhel's long-awaited trip to the Petronas...
I'm not much for tourist spots and picture taking... I guess it was just Fhel's tough luck that she practically had to drag me to go wherever she wanted her picture taken... And while walking in the KLCC park after another photo shoot, a Malaysian approached Fhel...
Malaysian Girl: Hi, have you ever been asked to be a model?
Fhel: No...
Malaysian Girl: Would you be interested in being a model?
Fhel: No thanks...
As much as I'd want this entry to be written in English, I just need to write this down... "O di ba, ang taray ng lola niyo?!"


