The Answer
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
First off... A lot of people have congratulated me for "bringing home the bacon" together with a colleague... I've never really said "thanks" to any of those remarks... Nor have I actually brushed them aside... I have been consistent, though, with saying that "joketime naman yun"... How can you actually give awards to people for being part of a well-written fairy tale... There are other employees more deserving of those awards than the two involved in the Bacon Story... How can you actually proclaim that the two brought home the bacon when the bacon was already home to begin with... It was a done deal... All that needed clarifications were the project schedule and financial accountabilities... For all its worth, the bacon was already committed to be cooked... And just like any other bacon, it had no choice of actually not being cooked... You should have seen the people we talked to... They really were just trying to get it done with... It was, after all, "higher management" agreement... What a story... That's the answer...Ok... So we went to La Luz for a much needed break... It was quite a long drive from Manila to that place... Funny how people have been asking me where La Luz is in Batangas... I really didn't know until last Monday, when Leanne said that it is in San Juan... That's the answer...
I passed up on another snorkeling spree... Same way I did when our team went to Puerto Galera for a teambuilding... Apart from the fact that Discovery channel would pretty much give me a better view of corals, schools of fish, and other what-have-you's under the sea, the idea of donning snorkeling gear passed from one mouth/face to another simply disgusts me... Heck, I don't care how long they clean those stuff... It's as though you're actually luring me to wear another person's underwear... Nope, not in my weirdest of dreams... No offense to those fond of that activity... Sincere apologies for those who were influenced by this stance... I'd sure want to try this, but not until I get my own gear... "Wish I could be... Part of your world..." can wait... That's the answer...


